- It’s a quick and easy way to get started with the learning of STEAM subjects at home, and it can be used to think critically, learn collaboratively, and solve problems.
- This kit walks you through the basics of Arduino and electronics in a hands-on way. No prior experience is required, as the kit introduces both coding and electronics through fun, engaging, and hands-on projects.
- The kit comes with a 170-page project guide book and includes over 100 components.
- You’ll be able to build 15 different projects using components that let you control the physical world with different kinds of sensors and actuators.
- Plenty of free activities and materials are available online, along with lots of inspirational tutorials and videos that mean you can continue using the kit in creative ways even after you’ve completed the projects.
This Arduino official starter kit walks you through the basics in a hands-on way, with creative projects you build by learning, thanks to a selection of the most common and useful electronic components with a selection of 15 projects that start from a low complexity, in order to let you learn the basic of electronic, to a major one, using components that let you control the physical world throw different kind of sensor.
Once you have mastered this knowledges, you will have a palette of software and circuits that you can use to create something beautiful, and make someone smile with what you invent, that is the reason why you will find more components than the required from the projects of the book. Then build it, hack it and share it. Because arduino is you!
What there is in the kit is reported in the list below, clicking int he name of the component you can download the datasheet of the parts, a document that describes the design and functionality of electrical components.
Here’s a list of the projects in the kit:
- GET TO KNOW YOUR TOOLS – an introduction to the concepts you’ll need to use this kit
- SPACESHIP INTERFACE – design to control panel for your startship
- LOVE-O-METER – measure how hot-blooded you are
- COLOR MIXING LAMP – produce any color with a lamp that uses light as an input
- MOOD CUE – clue people in to how you’re doing
- LIGHT THEREMIN – create a musical instrument you play by waving your hands
- KEYBOARD INSTRUMENT – play music and make some noise with this keyboard
- DIGITAL HOURGLASS – a light-up hourglass that can stop you from working too much
- MOTORIZED PINWHEEL – a color wheel that will have your head spinning
- ZOETROPE – create a mechanical animation you can play forward or reverse
- CRYSTAL BALL – a mystical tour to answer all your tough question
- KNOCK LOCK – tap out the secret code to open the door
- TOUCHY-FEEL LAMP – a lamp that responds to your touch
- TWEAK THE ARDUINO LOGO – control your personal computer from your Arduino
- HACKING BUTTONS – create a master control for all your devices!
- What is included
- The Starter Kit includes:
- 1 Projects Book (170 pages),
- 1 Arduino Uno,
- 1 USB cable,
- 1 Breadboard 400 points,
- 70Solid core jumper wires,
- 1 Easy-to-assemble wooden base,
- 1 9v battery snap,
- 1 Stranded jumper wires (black),
- 1 Stranded jumper wires (red),
- 6 Phototransistor,
- 3 Potentiometer 10kOhms,
- 1 Temperature sensor [TMP36],
- 1 Tilt sensor,
- 1 alphanumeric LCD (16×2 characters),
- 1LED (bright white),
- 1 LED (RGB),
- 8 LEDs (red),
- 8 LEDs (green),
- 8 LEDs (yellow),
- 3 LEDs (blue),
- 1 Small DC motor 6/9V,
- 1 Small servo motor,
- 1 Piezo capsule [PKM22EPP-40],
- 1 H-bridge motor driver [L293D],
- 1 Optocouplers [4N35],
- 2 Mosfet transistors [IRF520],
- 3 Capacitors 100uF,
- 5 Diodes [1N4007],
- 3 Transparent gels (red, green, blue),
- 1 Male pins strip (40×1),
- 20 Resistors 220 Ohms,
- 5Resistors 560 Ohms,
- 5 Resistors 1 kOhms,
- 5 Resistors 4.7 kOhms,
- 20 Resistors 10 kOhms,
- 5Resistors 1 MOhms,
- 5 Resistors 10 MOhms