The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ is the latest product in the Raspberry Pi 3 range. In the nutshell, the model B+ offers:
- Boasting an updated 64-bit quad-core processor running at 1.4GHz with built-in metal heatsink
- Dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless LAN
- Faster (300 Mbps) Ethernet
- PoE(Power over Ethernet) capability via a separate PoE HAT
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ maintains the same mechanical footprint as both the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B and the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B. The Official Raspberry Pi model B case will fit but some other cases may not, especially ones that depend on component location or have a built-in heatsink. Besides the heatsink problem on the processor (It should be minor conflict when it comes to casing), there is another major possible collision is the additional 2×2 header pins which are being added to support the PoE capability.
Note: Both the 5V 2.5 A micro B power adapter and 5V 3A micro B power adapter works great with the Pi 3 Model B+ and provides plenty of power to the chip, Ethernet, and any USB add-ons you plugin. But you are doing industry projects that need stable and certified power supply, get the official power adapter from Raspberry Pi, 5.1V 2.5A power adapter.
- Broadcom BCM2837B0, 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 Quad Core Processor SoC running @ 1.4GHz, with metal body for better heat dissipation.
- 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- 4 x USB2.0 Ports with up to 1.2A output
- Expanded 40-pin GPIO Header
- Video/Audio Out via 4-pole 3.5mm connector, HDMI, CSI camera, or Raw LCD (DSI)
- Storage: MicroSD
- Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0 (maximum throughput of 300 Mbps)
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support (requires separate PoE HAT)
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2, BLE
- Low-Level Peripherals:
- 27 x GPIO
- I2C bus
- SPI bus with two chip selects
- Power Requirement, 5V/2.5A via Micro B USB connector.
- Supports Raspbian, Windows 10 IoT Core, OpenELEC, OSMC, Pidora, Arch Linux, RISC OS, and More!
- Dimensions: 85mm x 56mm x 17mm
- Raspberry Pi 3B+ Product Brief
- Raspberry Pi 3B+ Mechanical Drawing
- Raspberry Pi 3B+ Schematic Diagrams
- Raspberry Pi Operating System download
- Raspberry Pi Foundation, the official website
- 1 x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ board
- Raspberry Pi Getting Started by raspberrypi.org